Looking for Home Delivery?
Vice President of Finance - Consumer Brands
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. We look to you to execute business priorities, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
As the Vice President of Finance, you will play a critical role in enabling the Consumer Brands Long term goals and ensure delivery of our annual operating plan through decision support and operational control.
- Leads and develops a team of 4 direct reports with a total team of 15+
- Directs the financial and budgetary affairs and financial analyses of operations
- Develops financial strategic plans consistent with the established corporate goals and objectives, and ensures timely and cost-effective execution within budget
- Reviews and evaluates established measures of financial performance, counsels managers as to cost-effective execution of such programs, and provides direction for modifications in work plans or the implementation of contingency plans in accordance with prevailing and future financial and overall business conditions
- Develops, approves, and monitors capital expenditure budgets and financial strategies by reviewing overall costs, financing, cash flows, and return on investment to ensure cost effective and profitable use of resources
- Partners with Risk Management to develop programs to minimize insurance costs and casualty losses, and works with other departments and executives to ensure current and future operations provide strategic financial improvement and performance
Education: An undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Accounting is required and a CPA and/or MBA is highly preferred
Years of Related Experience: Typically has a minimum of 10 to 15 years
- Strong experiences in business and corporate planning and analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present financial data clearly and precisely to senior management and the general associate population
- Ability to interpret financial results, provide context to management and make recommendations as appropriate
- Rigorous analytical acumen utilizing superior reasoning abilities
- Strong working knowledge of financial systems and the ability to extract/apply information for business advantage
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills and experience building and managing effective team
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and financial analysis concepts including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Financial Accounting, Standards Board and Government Accounting Standards Board principles
- Advanced knowledge in the principles and practices of budgetary administration and procurement procedure
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21002324
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron