Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota; Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are looking to hire a Tax Analyst to work in our Shared Services team in Marshall or Bloomington MN. In this role, you will be responsible for performing moderately complex functions relating to the tax life cycle. These will Include financial reporting, assisting with tax audits, correspondence with tax authorities, preparing property tax accruals and preparation and filing of state and local sales, use, fuel and property tax returns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role will analyze, review, interpret and validate the data supplied by the Business Unit and/or Financial Systems for the tax relevant internal and external reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the timely completions of tasks assigned related to the financial reporting audits, tax filings and related payments.
- Creates monthly/quarterly financial reports for all tax accounts.
- Prepares or reviews supporting schedules to be supplied to the independent auditors related to these accounts.
- Assists in the training of Business Unit and Corporate Financial personnel in financial reporting and FASB/GAAP/IFRS requirements for tax.
- Identifies errors with tax software and applies customization techniques to resolve issues with software vendor support.
- Recommends improvements in existing systems (e.g. customization of Vertex calculations).
- Researches various advanced and complex tax issues as they arise.
- Documents the interpretation of these findings of the issue, facts and interpretation of the law as they apply to the company for review by senior tax personnel.
- Assists in the coordination of the implementation of value added tax work.
- Assists with the training of tax staff on routine to moderate tax processes, filings reporting and issues and provides initial review of these tasks.
- Achieves understanding of the corporate legal structure and how this structure along with the business activities impacts filing requirements in various taxing jurisdictions and financial reporting.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study
Years of Related Experience: 1-5 years in a tax, accounting or business-related role.
- Working knowledge of general accepted accounting principles and IFRS
- Solid understanding of interaction between source data in the various IT systems and tax software
- Ability to acquire working knowledge of state and local tax laws that enable some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the difference between management, legal entity and tax reporting.
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis
- Basic proficiency in the generation of data from electronic general ledger systems
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel & Specialized Tax software such as Vertex
- Solid communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Solid problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to change and is comfortable with interpreting laws
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-1990
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron