Looking for Home Delivery?
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. We look to you to execute business priorities, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels with brands including Red Baron, Freschetta, Pagoda Snacks and Edwards desserts. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are looking to hire a Tax Analyst to work in our Shared Services team in Marshall or Bloomington MN. In this role, you will be responsible for performing moderately complex functions relating to the tax life cycle. These will Include financial reporting, assisting with tax audits, correspondence with tax authorities, preparing property tax accruals and preparation and filing of state and local sales, use, fuel and property tax returns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role will analyze, review, interpret and validate the data supplied by the Business Unit and/or Financial Systems for the tax relevant internal and external reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the timely completions of tasks assigned related to the financial reporting audits, tax filings and related payments.
- Creates monthly/quarterly financial reports for all tax accounts.
- Prepares or reviews supporting schedules to be supplied to the independent auditors related to these accounts.
- Assists in the training of Business Unit and Corporate Financial personnel in financial reporting and FASB/GAAP/IFRS requirements for tax.
- Identifies errors with tax software and applies customization techniques to resolve issues with software vendor support.
- Recommends improvements in existing systems (e.g. customization of Vertex calculations).
- Researches various advanced and complex tax issues as they arise.
- Documents the interpretation of these findings of the issue, facts and interpretation of the law as they apply to the company for review by senior tax personnel.
- Assists in the coordination of the implementation of value added tax work.
- Assists with the training of tax staff on routine to moderate tax processes, filings reporting and issues and provides initial review of these tasks.
- Achieves understanding of the corporate legal structure and how this structure along with the business activities impacts filing requirements in various taxing jurisdictions and financial reporting.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years in a tax, accounting or business-related role.
- Working knowledge of general accepted accounting principles and IFRS
- Solid understanding of interaction between source data in the various IT systems and tax software
- Ability to acquire working knowledge of state and local tax laws that enable some evaluation and originality to be displayed on standard and non-critical matters.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the difference between management, legal entity and tax reporting.
- Intermediate proficiency with numeric data analysis
- Basic proficiency in the generation of data from electronic general ledger systems
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel & Specialized Tax software such as Vertex
- Solid communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Solid problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to change and is comfortable with interpreting laws
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21004837
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron