Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are seeking a dynamic and resourceful Manager of Talent & Culture to champion our culture and support the growth and development of our employees. In this role, you play a crucial role in helping leaders, teams and individuals build the skills and capabilities they need to achieve exceptional business results. You will lead company-wide programs and projects that support our culture, leadership, and talent process priorities. You will also work with HR and business leaders to assess performance issues or capability gaps and design and deploy solutions to meet those needs. This role is based at our corporate offices in Bloomington, MN.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with one of THE fastest growing food companies in the US.
- A culture focused on building trust, challenging assumptions, and continuous transformation.
- Competitive compensation including incentives and a flexible time off program.
- Create and execute company-wide leadership development content to support soft skill development and the overall development planning process in partnership with the business and HR.
- Own, refine, and curate development resources and tools, including training courses, development SharePoint site and ADP talent profiles. Improve system functionality in partnership with external and internal resources.
- Lead development of team building strategy. Build framework and tools to support team development, mentoring, coaching and development planning.
- Support execution of global talent programs; ensure deep understanding of talent with global mobility and interest.
- Support the end-to-end cycle for leadership and culture strategies including research, leveraging insights to develop new ideas and content, development, and deployment of train the trainer materials, and working with HR and the business to ensure full integration of culture messaging and content with a focus frontline staff.
- Develop overall communication strategy and calendar to support key talent processes. Work with HR leaders and other partners to ensure key milestones are met. Ensure HR teams have the tools and resources to own key process steps.
- Partner closely with internal corporate communications team to execute communications strategy and ensure messaging and visuals are relevant and fresh.
- Identify opportunities to improve diversity messaging and ensure culture, training content, and recruitment materials are aligned to diversity philosophy. Update recruitment materials to reflect diversity messaging.
- Develop tools and manage external partnerships to support leadership assessment and development, including 360 assessments.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field such as Human Resources Development, Organizational Development, Leadership Development, or MBA.
- 7+ of progressive experience in a Talent function along with experience delivering “high impact” outcomes that drive the business.
- HR Generalist experience or consulting experience in a medium to large company within manufacturing or retail sectors with geographically dispersed employee population that ranges from hourly to senior executive.
- Knowledge of talent processes, succession planning and leader assessments
Key Capabilities and Experience:
- Ability to consult, develop and deploy high-impact development programs in a highly dynamic environment.
- Strategic thinking, resourcefulness, and ability to ‘connect the dots’ with input from across the business.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills with high degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Attention to detail and the ability to keep sensitive information confidential is critical.
- Comfort facilitating in-person and virtual sessions for all sizes of employee groups.
- Collaboration skills including the ability to integrate diverse perspectives of business leaders, HR partners and COE (center of expertise) partners.
- Ability to develop a holistic view of talent or performance gaps, identify root causes, and suggest training or other development solutions.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the impact of training on business performance.
- Change management experience with ability to build holistic change plans to support business needs.
- Project management skills and ability to facilitate organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects.
- Experience creating training modules and tools in MS PowerPoint and SharePoint.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.