Sr SQA Analyst
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota; Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more.
We are hiring a Sr SQA Analyst to join our Information Technology Team! In this role you will lead and support intermediate-level software quality assurance activities as required by software development and/or the software development lifecycle. This position has opportunities for growth and a chance to work on a variety of exiting new projects, with a high performing team! This role can be performed either in Bloomington or Marshall MN where we have headquarter locations.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities related to software testing to ensure project quality goals are accomplished for medium to large sized projects. Includes test analysis, test case design, and test asset management
- Creates test plans, test effort estimates, and overall test effort and task dependency schedules
- Works with Project Manager and project leadership team to identify testing resources, align testing activities with project activities, and ensure that test cases are properly developed and approved. Also responsible for communication of project quality status to project leadership and project team
- Ensures compliance with software quality assurance policies and standards
- Responsible for Defect Management on medium to large sized projects
- Works with SQA engineer for automation and environment needs including scheduling of those resources to support project needs
- Provides input to the SQA organization on improvement of methods and standards for SQA and project delivery
- Mentors SQA Analyst(s) when needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years experience involving software development or software testing processes, software quality assurance activities, and hardware/software implementation and configuration
- Experience in identifying and executing business process improvements as it relates to Software testing and test automation. Lean Six Sigma or other Continuous Improvement experience and/or certifications desirable
- Understanding of project processes; solid understanding of test types, phases and artifacts/assets; basic understanding of overall quality assurance processes; basic understanding of testing tasks relative to project tasks in the project lifecycle; basic ability to translate abstract concepts into tangible deliverables
- Build relationships within our client community using your excellent verbal and written communication skills; basic presentation skills
- Broad understanding of computer technology and frameworks including both hardware and software
- Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Food Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4615
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron