Sr. Project Engineer
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota; Florence, Kentucky; Stilwell, Oklahoma; Salina, Kansas; Pasadena, TexasApply Now
Who we are!
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Sr. Project Engineer to work in an acceptable remote location, ideally in the central time zone. The Sr. Project Engineer leverages prior experience on multiple large-scale initiatives to execute highly complex capital projects within a specific platform or any of our 12 Schwan's manufacturing sites that produce frozen pizza, desserts, and ethnic foods. These projects are specific to plant grounds, infrastructure, and building, including refrigeration units (with a specialty in ammonia), boilers, HVAC, compressors, and other related equipment.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. For the right candidate, the Sr. Project Engineer role is a starting point on the path to a technical leadership position.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- The engineer leads the development of fully executable projects, provides project management services and acts as technical resource from the conceptual phase though execution and commissioning.
- This role will align internal & external teams in supporting the Businesses annual capital plan(s).
- Provides project management services for assigned engineering projects.
- Develops overall project design including line specification project budgets, schedules and prepares project justification and develops capital requests including cash-flow forecasting.
- Coordinates external engineering services and partners with internal teams as needed for successful project completion.
- Provides specifications bid preparation and bid solicitation to secure best pricing.
- Identifies and manages the capital and related expenses, optimum layout, equipment selection and timeline.
- Provides Global Supply Chain (GSC) feasibility perspectives for growth, productivity and infrastructure.
- Manages communications and project governance within GSC key stakeholders.
- Fulfills requirements for the Design phase (e.g. Risk analysis, design, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) Sanitary design Safety analysis); Implementation phase (e.g. Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) Site Acceptance Test (SAT); and Start-up (e.g. Commissioning Qualification and Verification (CQV) planning Vertical Start-up (VSU) assessments) and successful handover to the plant.
- Assists the corporate engineering team in the management of major cross- functional corporate capital projects.
- Provides technical expertise to support the manufacturing operations.
- Stays current with industry technologies and processes to provide best available technology solutions.
- Applies technical knowledge and leadership to solve problems and drive improvements on processing systems.
- Partners with R&D Quality Operations and Engineering/Maintenance on cost optimized solutions to drive to Zero Loss.
- Collaborates with R&D and business teams on tests trials and new products.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering (ABET accredited program preferred).
Years of Related Experience: 7+ years with successful project management leadership on multi-unit operation projects
- Strong problem-solving decision making and trouble-shooting skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Full understanding of drawing/drifting practices with ability to use CAD
- Strong knowledge of engineering standards of design construction and installation;
- Advanced knowledge of processing packaging & facility systems along with working knowledge of food manufacturing engineering quality and research functions;
- Strong understanding of environmental human and food safety (EHS) systems;
- Working knowledge of USDA FDA OSHA EPA City and/or State agencies etc. for both manufacturing processes and building requirements;
- Ability to work with and influence diverse groups at various levels and across functions; Ability to train maintenance and production personnel as well as plan and execute work with maintenance and vendors.
- Knowledge of Lean Six-Sigma concepts is preferred. Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time as required.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-6004
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron