Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our Marketing team, we look to you to execute business, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
The Sr Manager Marketing, Innovation role is responsible for developing and delivering strategies, and tactics that align with the overall business unit vision to achieve long-term growth and sales/profit goals, while proposing solutions and opportunities to gain a competitive advantage. This role will elevate the importance of innovation in Food Service by driving long-term innovation strategies in and across the Business. You will be responsible for identifying new product platforms that will drive meaningful growth for the Food Service Business. The position will also partner with sales, finance and marketing to grow our emerging deli business. Cross-company collaboration is critical for success in this role and will require strong partnership within and across the organization, including our CJ America colleagues in the US.
- Lead long-term innovation strategy to identify new platforms in addition to our core business.
- Partner across marketing function to drive innovation and serve as connection between Food Service marketing and Central Marketing Organization.
- Build go-to market strategy and long-term growth plans for expansion into deli marketplace.
- Partner with CJ America colleagues to discover capability opportunities to support growth goals.
- Ensure strategic growth plans align with organizational needs to reach aggressive business goals; responsible for organization-wide reporting with key partners in Marketing and Finance.
- Develop and execute marketing programs to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share, analyzing marketing programs and adjusting strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Review Consumer Insights analysis and marketing surveys in order to recommend future product development.
- Leads and/or collaborates with cross functional resources and agencies in order to execute market programs in areas that may include but are not limited to product development, branding, packaging design, advertising and effective customer/consumer promotions and special events.
- Prepare and deliver statistical/graphic reports to management ensuring all summaries and/or conclusions lead to sound business recommendations and decision-making.
- Partner with VP of Marketing to develop budget as part of overall business unit or functional budget.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required. MBA preferred
Years of Related Experience: Typically has a minimum 8 years related experience. Food or CPG experience strongly preferred
- Strong results orientation driven by curiosity, passion, and personal accountability
- Experience building go-to-market strategies, and ability to make choices on where to win and how and bring an innovation strategy to life
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness and expert problem solver
- Thorough understanding of general business principles, including effective analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Detailed level of understanding of the marketing function, marketing tools and methods.
- Competent in evaluating and leveraging research, data, and financial information to develop strategic and tactical recommendations
- Ability to develop and work within budgets
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Exempt Business Unit: