Sr Manager, Sales Planning and Analytics
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
As a leader in the Sales Planning function, this role provides a critical connection between numerous data sources, the marketing function and the field sales team with the goal of driving strong in-market execution. The role has three key components – data analytics and reporting, strategic leadership and integration of Salesforce.com and enable strong sales execution. This role has two direct reports to coach and develop using the Schwan’s Leadership Framework focused on four key pillars: Lead Yourself First; One Table, One Team; Driving Force; Shift Your Paradigm.
- Data Analytics & Reporting
- Develop and launch a revised customer segmentation at the singular operator level for sales execution. This customer tiering and targeting process will utilize a combined dataset from various sources.
- Create and execute standard reporting for monthly KPIs and business dashboards for the business unit, sales teams and marketing.
- Enhance data-forward tools for simplified end-user execution across field sales.
- Tracks performance on an ongoing basis to ensure that volume goals are achieved. Incorporate review of problems/opportunity markets with focus on development of action plan to address as integral part of the planning process.
- Co-develops with marketing an annual volume plan for the assigned group.
- Salesforce.com Leadership
- Lead a cross-functional team of subject matter experts to advance and evolve our 3-year roadmap of Salesforce.com.
- Improve the end-user experience for both field-based users and internal, corporate users.
- Create stronger linkage data-driven insights to field sales execution, utilizing and integrating a variety of data sources.
- Own and navigate the relationships with Salesforce.com and other partners, maximizing the return on investment.
- Enable Strong Sales Execution
- Play a key role of linking actionable data across sales planning field execution, data, salesforce.com, consumer insights and marketing.
- Connect with key stakeholders to meet reporting needs and bring new tools to life.
- Bring a new customer segmentation to life within salesforce.com for strong, simple field-sales execution.
- Develops specific strategies and tactics for assigned group.
- Other parts of this role
- Provide input into the 3-year annual planning process through the co-development with Marketing
- Provides leadership for the planning process by the development/improvement of the key elements ensuring timely execution and management of the process.
- Participates in the development of broad product category strategies and selling, marketing, promotional plans for the customer channel and product group assigned.
- Provides sales expertise in the development of customer programs and supporting material.
- Manages, trains and develop subordinates if applicable. Undertakes specific company projects and performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values, code of ethics, policies and other standards of conduct.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10+ years of sales, sales planning or sales ops - preferably in food service or retail trade industry with headquarters sales planning or finance background
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Strong analytical skills and prior knowledge in trade optimization programs trade expenditure policies and pricing strategies; Familiarity of the Salesforce.com platform and its usage with sales teams; Strong communication and influencing skills; Strong leadership organizational project management and time management skills; Intermediate PC skills including the Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook; Knowledgeable with industry best practices and programs
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4786
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron