Looking for Home Delivery?
Sr IT Project Manager
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizzas; Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
As a Sr. IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of the largest, higher risk, mission critical and most complex information systems initiatives with the goal of being on time, within budget and with optimum quality. As a Senior Project Manager, you will lead medium to large cross-functional project teams and be responsible for executing multiple projects simultaneously Location: Bloomington offices or Marshall offices, some work from home flexibility.
- Manages enterprise-wide projects, teams and programs through all phases of the project plan
- Manages the budgets associated with the project including capital and manages all project deliverables, Such as: customer satisfaction quality to specification, technical achievement, schedule adherence and project cost budgets
- Mentors Project Managers and Associate Project Managers on project management best practices and standards.
- Guides portfolio management process by business unit
- Prepares project plans task plans task effort estimates budgets statements of work overall work effort schedules and task dependencies which includes definition scope resources and schedule
- Manages and coordinates the resources necessary to fulfill the project scope in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Works across IS to identify the resources needed to complete the project. This could include participating in offshore resource allocation.
- Prioritizes projects and tasks in order to achieve department and company objectives
- Ensures adequate and appropriate communication is maintained regarding all project status and priorities to stakeholders and executive management
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of the project lifecycle standards, project specification, project scope management, company policies and procedures
- Identifies tracks and manages all project related issues risks change requests and action items.
- Responsible for appropriate issue and risk escalation.
- Provides leadership for specific Project Office initiatives and process improvements for Information Services
- Provides performance feedback on project team members to the team member's resource manager
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent years of experience
Experience: 8-10 years related experience
- Experience across a variety of SDLC methodologies including Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM
- Strong results orientation driven by curiosity, passion, and personal accountability
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness
- Effective analytical skills and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead cross-functional teams to deliver results
- Confidence working through ambiguity and experience with organizational change management
- Experience with Financial Analysis and budget management practices and processes
- Ability to manage multiple business partners and stakeholders
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation Portfolio Project Management software tools
- PMP of SCRUM certified or ability to become certified within eighteen months desired, but not required.
The employing subsidiaries of The Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21006028
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron