Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
Here at Schwan’s Company, we put a high priority on having safe, clean, and healthy workspaces. And we want individuals that take that seriously.
We are hiring a corporate Sr. Director of Food Safety & Quality to support our Asian and dessert food manufacturing platforms. This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership and direction in the development and implementation of quality management strategies and quality continuous improvement initiatives, throughout our manufacturing processes. This leadership role is also responsible for assisting with strategic planning and providing a framework for company growth.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to grow with a world class and growing food manufacturing company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Develop and implement Quality Management System strategies and Quality Continuous Improvement programs within our manufacturing facilities to ensure consistency across the organization and enhance the compliance and performance reporting function.
- Directs plant FSQ activities to ensure compliance with all general quality, safety, and regulatory policies and procedures in accordance with Company, Local, State, and Federal rules and regulations.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and execute quality assurance programs and develop metrics to measure performance and success for the organization.
- Collaborate with R&D, GSC, and BU Marketing Leadership in new product development process. Collaborate to define and/or revise appropriate Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point programs to assure proper food safety measures are in place.
- Collaborate with Operations and FSQ Supply Quality teams to define, enhance, communicate, and train key stakeholders on new ingredients and materials Quality Assurance programs. Also responsible for collaborating with applicable departments to communicate quality requirements to outside vendors.
- Collaborate with FSQ teams and plant leadership to execute strategic quality and food safety initiatives.
- Collaborates with plant management to ensure company specification requirements are communicated to key stakeholders and quality assurance procedures are in place to ensure products meet company and regulatory standards.
- Function as quality subject matter expert and liaison to outside trade organizations.
- Develops and manages department budget following corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for developing direct reports and ensure training is defined and provided to FSQ staff.