Sr. Continuous Improvement Engineer
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Senior Continuous Improvement Engineer for our Global Supply Chain team to be based in Bloomington, MN with ~50% travel. In this role you will be responsible for identifying, developing, evaluating and improving manufacturing processes across our network of 13+ facilities. You will be creating new opportunities for increased performance and applying improvement methodologies from idea to implementation. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Continuous Improvement.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work on exciting, strategic projects, including the startup of new plants and other network expansion as we strive to be the No. 1 Ethnic Meal Player in the US.
- Career growth opportunities into Continuous Improvement management or Operations management positions.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Leads or participates in improvement initiatives to eliminate waste and non value-added work utilizing standard practices such as Lean, Six Sigma, and problem solving.
- Supports the development and validation of new capacity and processes.
- Develops proposals that include return on investment, benefits and alternatives for special projects.
- Works closely with supply chain and plant personnel to develop or enhance new processes across the supply chain workstreams.
- Applies statistical analysis to products and processes to assure meeting customer requirements while optimizing operations. Evaluates SPC data for products and will tighten upper and lower control limits where possible. Uses X-bar and R-bar charts to prioritize process improvements for components not in control.
- Provides coaching and continuous improvement training to supply chain personnel.
- Facilitates cross-functional improvement teams or improvement events.
- Partners with organizational leaders and others to identify areas of process improvement and recommends solutions through the lens of lean thinking.
- Analyzes processes and procedures to identify and develop strategies to improve safety, quality, increase capacity and improve productivity
- Utilizes change management strategies for implementation
- Performs analytics and conducts reporting to support organizational initiatives through advanced knowledge of organizational data and processes.
- Demonstrates project management proficiency by defining project requirements and project milestones, tracking progress, resolving problems, communicating progress, and recommending / executing actions.
What we need from you:
Years of Related Experience: Candidates with a qualifying bachelor’s degree must have at least 5-7 years of process engineering or manufacturing related experience or a master’s degree in Engineering with 1-2 years of experience in process improvement / development engineering
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Lean / Six Sigma certification preferred
- Understanding of general industrial process and control systems.
- Working knowledge of basic statistical tools and also MS Office Suite, MS Project
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and successfully leverage internal and external resources
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments, able to prioritize and meet budgets, deadlines and achieve objectives
- Ability to lead cross-functional improvement teams
- Effective communication, facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Professional certifications and/or licenses with Six Sigma, Lean and/or HPO preferred
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22002214
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron