Sr. Consumer Insights Analyst (Market Analytics)
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
If you love applying data to answer critical business questions, this is the role for you!
You will be part of Schwan’s Strategy and Insights team, in the Corporate Marketing Organization, where the answers you provide will impact the strategic direction of the company and its business units. It is an exciting, fast-paced position where your expertise will be in high demand.
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
You will work with multiple data courses, both primary and secondary, and apply your analytic rigor and critical thinking to address business questions. You will analyze syndicated tools like IRI, Numerator, and NPD SupplyTrack to help us understand the trajectory of our brands, competitors and categories. You will also utilize social listening data, customer experience (CX) data, and data from other sources including Datassential and Technomic. Your toolkit will be rounded out with information from a variety of vendors, and you will “connect the dots” to develop deeper insights.
The learnings you provide will span our retail food brands, our foodservice business and corporate innovation. You will synthesize data to build an understanding of consumers, customers and foodservice operators. Your work will cover in-home and away-from-home eating occasions.
This is a varied job that will challenge you with a wide range of questions. One day you might be uncovering consumer attitudes to help develop a new marketing campaign. The next day, you might be aiding innovation by exploring eating behaviors.
We have a lot of data within our organization and we need YOU to put it to work.
- Become an expert in a range of syndicated data sources, including IRI, Numerator, NPD SupplyTrack, Technomic and Datassential. Also become an expert in internal data sources, including financial data and CX data.
- Synthesize information from these sources to build understanding of markets, competitors, consumer attitudes and trends.
- Work with data suppliers to execute custom syndicated research projects (such as market sizing).
- Partner with Marketing and other cross-functional teams to define project objectives and keep stakeholders updated on progress.
- Share learnings across the organization.
- Educate internal audiences on the proper use and interpretation of various syndicated tools.
Influence and Implementation:
- Provide an impartial, data-centric view of markets, consumers and competitors.
- Deliver learnings to business leaders, ensuring sound business recommendations and decision-making
- Be the go-to resource for questions regarding data sources, methods, past research and industry trends.
- Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a Consumer Insights, Category Management, or similar role
- Strong knowledge of syndicated data (such as Nielsen, IRI or NPD data)
- Curiosity (especially for food and eaters)
- Proactiveness and bias for action
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical, leadership and influence skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both in-person and in a virtual environment
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with panel data (Numerator, IRI/Nielsen panel, or similar)
- Experience with additional data sources, such as social media monitoring, CX data, or web analytics
- Experience with marketing/strategy roles
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002022
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron