Looking for Home Delivery?
Sr Business Systems Analyst - e-commerce
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a SrBusiness System Analyst to support primarily the business areas of Marketing and e-commerce. We have corporate offices in Bloomington, MN with a flexible work environment.
The primary purpose of this role is to work with functional business leaders to prioritize, plan and execute systems projects. The BSA works with leaders to develop business cases and prepare proposals for new capabilities or major investments in existing capabilities, as well as to identify process improvement opportunities in the form of small projects and change orders.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships within the assigned business unit and working on projects to determine business objectives and benefits.
- Perform requirements planning and analysis and facilitate acceptance testing of systems.
- This position is also responsible for assisting with the on- going technology planning for assigned business areas.
- Serves as a liaison between the business unit and IT in support of the relationship management function.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and performs in a consultative role.
- Supports the innovation process and the introduction of new solutions through researching competitors, vendors, industry solutions, emerging technologies and managing RFI/RFP processes.
- Collaborates with leaders to understand the strategy and defines solution requirements in terms of business capabilities and broad outcomes.
- Creates business process models of current and proposed systems.
- Gathers requirements, builds logical models and provides quality documentation of user requirements.
- Effectively transitions requirements and capabilities to other areas of IT for development and implementation. May lead or facilitate envisioning and join application development (JAD) sessions.
- Facilitates and participates in user acceptance testing. Maintains quality of assigned systems and programs and provides support as needed.
- Develops project plans, identifies issues and communicates status of assigned projects and ensures that the systems meet the stated objectives.
- Participates in change management activities. Participates in or may lead business process improvement initiatives, leveraging knowledge in Lean principles and continuous improvement.
- Maintains a basic understanding of and adheres to the IS Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and standards and systems planning process.
Education: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Years of Related Experience: 5-7 years related experience; Experience working in one of the following areas preferred: e-commerce, marketing
- Intermediate understanding of assigned business unit's industry
- Knowledge of business and strategic planning process and principles, theories and concepts
- Business process management and modeling skills
- Clear communicator, able to influence the business and drive change
- Ability to take ownership over projects, lead and build strong relationships
- Intermediate data analysis skills
- Basic project management skills
- Teamwork focus and strong organizational skills
- Strong MS office skills and ERP experience is a plus (we use SAP)
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21004672
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron