Senior Translator Interpreter
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Sr Translator Interpreter to be based at our corporate offices in Bloomington, MN. This position is responsible for the translating of materials from one language to another language (Korean/English), providing oral and written translation and interpretation of correspondence, forms, articles, technical manuals and other instructional and educational materials. You will also serve as an interpreter for a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences and special events.
*We will offer relocation assistance, this position must be based in Minnesota, and it is a hybrid work environment. Candidates must be US Citizens, or permanent resident/green card holders.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with one of THE fastest growing food companies in the US.
- A culture focused on building trust, challenging assumptions, and continuous transformation.
- Support from team members who are experts in their functions.
- Competitive compensation including strong incentives and a flexible time off program.
- Serve as primary point of contact for cross-functional projects and campaigns; manage relationships and expectations with cross functional teams.
- Provide consecutive and simultaneous interpretation support for video conferences, internal meetings, and meetings with government officials
- Translate content as assigned, topics include but are not limited to: marketing/PR, guidelines, educational material, product features, and live stream/offline events
- Verbal translation with high accuracy, adhering to the style and intent of the speaker
- Speak clearly in both languages using proper pronunciation, enunciation, and polite expressions (Korean & English)
- Screen communication received via mail, telephone, and electronic mail. Proactively responds to inquiries and requests for information
- Organizes and maintains projects and presentations for the CEO, President, and senior management.
- Build partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate commitment to cultural sensitivity and working in a diverse environment
- May need to work outside of normal business hours in order to meet deadlines and project/presentations
- Ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of writing and/or research responsibilities and 3 or more years experience in corporate translation and interpretation
- Native level proficiency in both English and Korean
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high stress environments
- Competency in Excel, Word, Windows, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills; must have excellent communication (verbal and written), and analytical and research skills
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to translate multiple documents in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel 20-30% of the time
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-4500
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron