Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to hire a Senior Tax Manager to be based in Bloomington, MN leading our Income Tax team. This position has the overall responsibility for federal and state income compliance including audits, credits and incentives, research, process improvements and monitoring legislative updates. The incumbent will work to adapt to departmental plans to address any operational challenges and act as an advisor on various tax-related tasks, projects, and operations.
What we need from you:
- Manages the company's income tax compliance in all federal and state jurisdictions while mitigating risk to the company.
- Assures tax research has been properly conducted and documented to support conclusions and positions taken by the company.
- Demonstrates an acute knowledge of federal and state income tax laws, accounting methods, tax return disclosure and election requirements.
- Manages and represents the company in state income tax audits and provides support for IRS examinations.
- Responsible for the recommendation and documentation for appropriate accounting accruals and reconciliation of federal and state income tax accounts.
- Researches and assesses tax legislation (including proposed) recommending actions, policies and procedures that effectively further the company’s tax strategies and goals.
- Assists with mergers and acquisition including due diligence and integration planning.
- Develops and builds relationships with corporate accounting, IT and business units to create an awareness of tax department reporting needs as well as those of the company. .
- Ability to identify and implement process improvements to drive efficiencies with compliance requirements.
- Provides support with developing and implementing strategic plans for the company in relation to the area of expertise.
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of tax computer systems and their integration with SAP that substantiate the filing positions taken and provide adequate support for audits by jurisdictions.
- Manages, trains and develops a team of tax professionals.
Education: Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field of study. CPA or Masters in Taxation highly preferred.
Years of Related Experience: 9+ years
- Specific tax expertise in federal and multi-state income taxation and knowledge of industry practices as they relate to compliance as well as financial reporting requirements.
- Strong research skills and ability to acquire working knowledge of tax laws and how they apply for both financialreporting purposes and external filing requirements.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of tax software and accounting systems (SAP) and advanced PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Strong project management, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin or other protected class.
Full-time Business Unit: