Senior Reliability Manager
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota; Kansas City, Missouri; St Louis, Missouri; Pasadena, Texas; Chicago, IllinoisApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with one of THE fastest growing food companies in the US.
- A culture focused on building trust, challenging assumptions, and continuous transformation.
- Support from team members who are experts in their functions.
- Competitive compensation including strong incentives and a flexible time off program.
What we are looking for:
This position requires up to 75% travel and requires one to be located within 1 hour of a major central airport, preferably Chicago, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Kansas City, St. Louis, Dallas, or Houston.
The Sr. Reliability Manager is a technical leader and coach providing support across all production sites driving improvement through equipment optimization, asset care strategies, and continuous improvement methodologies. They have a solid understanding of reliability strategy development, CMMS data utilization, maintenance and storeroom processes, and equipment/component expertise. The Sr. Manager Reliability is responsible for assisting in the development and deployment of the Schwan’s Performance System to maximize asset utilization at the lowest life cycle cost. This role will report directly to the Sr. Director Reliability while building a strong network within the technical and operations communities of practice.
- Provides leadership in the development and deployment of the Maintenance & Reliability systems and strategies.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the Manufacturing Leadership Team, Site Leadership Teams, Site Maintenance/Reliability Teams.
- Provides leadership and tactical support in optimizing equipment care strategies across business-critical platforms.
- Provides direction and coaching on the use of CMMS data to determine maintenance work effectiveness and drive improvements in Preventative/Condition Based maintenance strategies.
- Partners with Operations Leadership through coaching and deployment of daily foundational systems.
- Provides leadership in the utilization of advanced focused improvement/problem-solving methodologies.
- Develops global standard work procedures and partners with Technical Leadership to enable broad capability improvements.
- Proactively develops and delivers technical training to all levels of the organization, develops capability of others to act as technical trainers/coaches.
- Owns global standards development on two or more Maintenance & Reliability systems and provides strategic leadership for overall integration of systems into the broader continuous improvement journey.
- Develops deep technical capability in component functionality and root cause analysis within self and others.
- Provides leadership in the optimization of storeroom inventory management.
- Leads loss reduction efforts to improve equipment reliability, manufacturing cost, and safety across business-critical platforms.
- Supports capital projects by leading design for reliability and maintainability activities.
- Provides leadership across the various Maintenance & Reliability communities of practice (Sr. Technical Managers, Maintenance Supervisors, Planners/Schedulers, Reliability Engineers)
- 9+ years industrial maintenance experience required; preferred 15+ years manufacturing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP), and Certified Machinery Lubrication Technician (ICML MLT I)
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in multiple maintenance/reliability disciplines and capabilities.
- Previous multi-site support experience (8+ production locations)
- Experience in developing best practice standards for all Maintenance functions and activities.
- In depth expertise in TPM implementation including development, deployment, and assessment of Autonomous Maintenance (AM), Planned Maintenance (PM), and Focused Improvement (FI) pillars; Strong ability to lead and drive cultural change across an organization.
- Ability to deliver results through influence and relationship management and interact at all levels of the organization and is comfortable influencing others without authority.
- Strong strategic agility, business acumen, process management experience
- Hands on production and maintenance experience highly desired
- Exceptional coaching communication interpersonal & leadership skills
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-5333
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron