Senior Financial Analyst
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Sr. Financial Analyst to be based at the corporate offices in Bloomington or Marshall MN. If you consider yourself a Business Consultant first, who happens to also be a finance whiz, this role might be for you! We have multiple open Sr. Financial Analyst roles right now where you will be responsible for supporting, planning, forecasting, budgeting, and analysis for one of our business units: Global Supply Chain or Consumer Brands. The Sr. Financial Analyst is a vital business consultant to their cross-functional partners providing reporting, analytics, and perspective for profitable channel or portfolio growth.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a GROWING food company. Great jumping off point to move from this Sr. Financial Analyst role into a Finance leader position across the organization
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support from team members who are authentic, good-natured, and highly skilled
- Competitive compensation including a flexible time off program and a “dress for your day” office environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reports, analyzes, forecasts and interprets financial and operating data. This may include profit/loss analysis, budgeting, cost analysis, regional performance assessments, risk/benefit analysis, and any other ad-hoc analysis.
- Participates in the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan which may include functional area specific modeling, time-series analysis and graphic presentation of both operating and financial data.
- Pro forma P&L for new product innovation, both close in and long term
- Prepares complex financial analysis reports and completes individual analytical projects when given abstract project guidelines.
- Advises on and recommends to management desirable operational adjustments and interprets budget to actual variance.
- May perform analyses such as ROI, capital modeling, profitability, risk/benefit, costing, pricing, etc.
- Reviews performance to plan and conduct prior year's variance analysis.
- May develop ad hoc models to ensure profitability of investment decisions, new product development, etc.
- Reviews business unit financial statements and policies to ensure compliance with corporate policies and guidelines.
Experience & Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- 5+ years related experience
- Experience doing forecasting on a regular cadence as well as budgeting annually
- Knowledge of using an ERP system such as SAP, preferred. We also use tools like Business Objects and Business Analyzer; Advanced Excel skills are a must
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Monthly presentations to senior leadership to include developing and conveying rational, defensible, fact-based perspectives and recommendations.
- Proactive mindset. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- High attention to detail and accuracy
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2446
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron