Looking for Home Delivery?
Senior Demand Planner
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Senior Demand Planner to support our Shared Services Team in Bloomington, MN. In this role, you will be responsible for producing an operational forecast for the 0 – 12 week horizon. You will also work with the Global Supply Chain and Business Unit Sales teams to execute sales plans and assist in mitigating gaps within supply/demand in the short term.
What we need from you:
- Supports the monthly consensus process for assigned business unit(s) for 4 -18-month outlook.
- Prepares and presents various analyses of forecast performance of business unit to management upon request.
- Creates, develops and produces demand forecasts. Reviews historical sales trends and marketing, sales and financial forecasts; prepare forecast data; and evaluate forecast results.
- Categorizes internal demand stream information according to demand patterns. On occasion input sales/marketing intelligence for each operating unit for use in forecast systems, working with sales organization(s), national sales accounts, marketing, and related forecasting and planning groups.
- Interacts and communicates with sales, marketing, finance, purchasing, supply planning and other departments as appropriate to obtain current and accurate information.
- Provides timely updates and analysis to Supply Chain partners to identify scenario planning opportunities.
- Completes all required education and training and participates in implementation and development of new forecasting software.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required
Years of Related Experience: 4-6+ years related experience
- Must have an understanding of project management processes and supply chain principles.
- Have Knowledge/skills in Windows, Excel and Word.
- Basic understanding JDA/Blue Yonder, IRI/Nielsen, functionality, business, processes as well as related interfaces and data exchanges as they correlate to supply chain.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Must be analytical with problem-solving skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to understand and create budgets, position requires intermediate financial analysis skills.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21005139
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron