Looking for Home Delivery?
Senior Consumer Insights Analyst (Pizza)
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s is one of America’s leading manufacturers of frozen pizza and Asian products. As an affiliate of CJ Cheiljedang, a global food company based in Korea, we aspire to transform existing categories and achieve sustainable growth in the US market.
This high-visibility role is part of our Corporate Marketing Team. You will spearhead consumer research that will impact innovation, renovation and communication for our iconic pizza brands: Red Baron, Tony’s and Freschetta, as well as our foodservice pizza business. In short: you will be our pizza guru.
Consumer insights: You’ll build a deep understanding of consumers in the pizza category – consumers of our brands as well as competitive brands. You’ll share your learnings with business unit and Central Marketing leadership.
Innovation: You’ll work closely with internal and external innovation partners to develop new products. This includes synthesis of existing learning, leading/participating in ideation workshops and pushing next steps forward. This process also involves fielding idea screens and concept tests.
Trends: You will stay on top of emerging pizza trends in grocery stores as well as in restaurants. You’ll spot patterns and share your perspective with key stakeholders across the company.
You’ll need a strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies, an eagerness to learn and adapt, and the ability to work independently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Synthesize primary research and trends to support innovation, marketing strategies and selling stories.
- Be a key part of the innovation process (developing hypotheses about consumer needs, developing and validating ideas with internal and external innovation partners, collaborating with Marketing and R&D).
- Seek out new research vendors and methodologies to improve speed and rigor. Manage existing vendors to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
[Influence and Implementation]
- Partner with Marketing and other cross-functional groups to define projects, then influence to guide implementation of learnings.
- Provide a holistic view of the pizza consumer in strategy, innovation and business development discussions.
- Deliver consumer learnings to business leaders, ensuring sound business recommendations and decision-making.
- Share insights with external customers as needed.
- Be the go-to resource for past internal research and industry trends.
- Manage a research budget.
- Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a Consumer Insights or Shopper Insights role, ideally in a CPG or food company
- Strong knowledge of market research methodologies and processes, market research vendors and consumer insights
- Bias for action
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to manage multiple insights projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical, leadership and influence skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both in-person and in a virtual environment
- Strategic, flexible, creative thinking with demonstrated results
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- A love for pizza!
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21004488
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron