Senior Business Systems Analyst
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota; Marshall, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Sr Business Systems Analyst in our Information Services group. This position can be based in our Marshall, MN or Bloomington, MN offices. The primary purpose of this role is to work with leaders in our supply chain organization to prioritize, plan and execute systems projects. The Sr. BSA works with leaders to develop business cases and prepare proposals for new capabilities or major investments in existing capabilities, as well as to identify process improvement opportunities in the form of small projects and change orders. The BSA plays a critical role in understanding the business areas they support and serving as a primary liaison between IS and those functions. You will have the opportunity to guide the execution of projects and advise on critical business issues.
What you will get from us:
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and performs in a consultative role. Supports the innovation process and the introduction of new solutions through researching competitors, vendors, industry solutions, emerging technologies and managing RFI/RFP processes. Participates in escalation situations for projects and support issues.
- Collaborates with leaders to understand strategy and define solution requirements in terms of business capabilities and broad outcomes. Creates business process models of current and proposed systems. Defines requirements and creates logical models.
- In partnership with business leaders and other areas of IT, identifies and recommends innovative solutions to enable the business strategy. Is a key participant in the business IT innovation agenda.
- Works closely with enterprise architecture to develop roadmaps designed to introduce needed capabilities and resolve issues.
- Ensures solutions meet the stated objectives through facilitation of user acceptance testing. Maintains quality of assigned systems and programs and provides support as needed.
- Provides estimates to develop project plans; monitors and directs project plans when assigned; identifies and resolves issues; and communicates status of assigned projects. Participates in change management activities.
- Leads or facilitates process improvement initiatives leveraging advanced knowledge in Lean principles and continuous improvement.
- Maintains a complete understanding of and adheres to the IS Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and standards and systems planning process. Assists with changes to standards.
- Mentors less experienced business systems analysts.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ years related experience; Applicable industry or internal certifications are preferred
- Advanced knowledge of systems development principles
- Advanced knowledge of business and strategic planning process and principles theories and concepts
- Advanced change management skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient with numeric data analysis
- Advanced project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
- Excellent customer service skills; Teamwork focus; Strong organizational skills
- Advanced business process management and modeling skills
- Knowledge in consumer goods manufacturing business is preferred. (ie. consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, logistics);
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-5461
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron