Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Develops obtains approval implements and communicates packaging labels of subassemblies and finished products produced by Schwan's while ensuring that all labeling information is in compliance with FDA FSIS FNS and foreign government regulations.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Product Development in the development and reformulation of finished products to provide better product labeling positioning giving Schwan's a competitive edge in the market place.
- Works with government officials and internal R&D QA Packaging Marketing Manufacturing and outside printing suppliers to resolve any labeling discrepancies or non-compliance.
- Collaborates with Marketing Product Development QA Purchasing Packaging and Manufacturing to coordinate and implements changes to affected labels for Schwan's products in response to new regulations.
- Researches new product concepts with the appropriate government agency to determine appropriate labeling.
- Investigates reports marketplace comparisons in labeling practices of various product categories and assists in developing plans to improve labeling positioning of Schwan products.
- Maintains thorough record of project files approved transmittals and any correspondence as it relates to labeling.
- Assists department in the communication and education of current and pending labeling regulations to various departments.
- Assists R&D groups Manufacturing QA and Marketing with technical questions as they relate to the interpretation of regulations
- Provides technical support to Manufacturing QA Packaging Purchasing and Marketing to resolve labeling related issues.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic self-leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor of Science degree (U.S. or foreign) or equivalent in Food Science Dairy Science Foods & Nutrition Studies Biological Sciences or related field
Years of Related Experience: 3-5 years related experience
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Intermediate communication interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of product development from feasibility through launch.
- Intermediate knowledge of Algebra, Geometry and Chemistry.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of food processing. Working knowledge of the operations of government agencies.
- Good understanding of food ingredient uses and functionality.
- Solid ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and offer solutions.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002649
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron