Regional Sales Manager - Strategic Partnership Solutions
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring aRegional Sales Manager within our Strategic Partnership Solutions Team. In this role you will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating sales activities of our externally sourced Pie Tin sales including establishing sales quotas, new product distribution expectations, growth and innovation and developing customer relationships across the USA. We are open to candidates living outside of Minnesota but have a preference to be located in the greater Minneapolis Minnesota area where our headquarters is based.
- Delivers growth in market share by working with bakeries, distributors, and retail customers to plan and execute the sales and marketing plans of the organization.
- Establishes sales quotas Manages the various aspects of the national and regional business from product production to delivery by working with existing and new customers nationwide.
- Presents products and other related information to clients to gain sales and establish accounts by displaying and/or demonstrating product(s), using samples or catalog, and emphasizing salable features and confers with clients to provide technical advice, and customer service concerning product(s) or services provided.
- Conducts competitive product cuttings and is well versed on the quality advantage to Schwan's products vs. Competition.
- Quotes prices and credit terms, prepares sales contracts, plans and prepares sales presentations and promotional events and/or materials. Develops and maintains working relationships with purchasing contacts, and investigates and resolves customer delivery problems as necessary.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Manages sales and national activities and information by preparing reports of business transactions and keeping expense accounts and ensures that new regional customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Serves as primary contact with all key customers and represents the company at trade shows and association meetings to promote products and services.
- Analyzes sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements, and customer preferences.
- Ensures that all forecasts for assigned accounts are up-to-date and performs post analysis for accuracy.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- Potential to work with current Schwan’s (Frozen /Food Service) customers to identify and develop an aluminum packaging supplier relationships
- 25% domestic travel
- 8+ years experience in a sales or business development role
- Bachelor's degree with sales experience in the food industry
- Experience or an understanding of the aluminum commodity market and trends, as well as, previous packaging experience is a plus.
- Experience working directly with a production facility, transportation department/ shipping, customer service, and accounting
- SAP Experience a plus
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the job. An individual must be able to perform all of the duties and responsibilities listed in a fully competent manner to be considered successful in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-5679
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron