Looking for Home Delivery?
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. We look to you to execute business priorities, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels with brands including Red Baron, Freschetta, Pagoda Snacks and Edwards desserts. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Purchasing Coordinator for our Global Supply Chain team in Bloomington, MN. This position is responsible for supporting documentation and record keeping of the Strategic Sourcing Process. This includes contracts, forms, graphs, score cards and other product and pricing information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare vendor purchase history and complaint graphs and vendor scorecard for vendor reviews
- Manages and monitors purchasing area contract record retention requirements by establishing retention method, process and/or system, conducting contract reviews and retaining all contracts for the group as well as auditing firms
- Accumulate and disseminate supplier and product specific information needed to launch new products both internally and externally
- Generate and distribute pricing, gross margin and various reports as required
- Manipulate and cleanse data for product portfolios on a regular basis
- Maintains data and follows up on contract inventory levels between suppliers and plant locations through contract maintenance, invoice discrepancies and actual consumption reporting
- Facilitate the approval process for all vendor contracts as well as maintaining accurate files of those contracts
- Enter and maintain product contracts, volume commitments and pricing in enterprise system
- Builds, compiles, and sorts monthly material cost forecasting information and acts as liaison with Finance department
- Builds and compiles foundational information and data for the annual budget process
- Coordinates and manages input of cost savings information into Cost Savings database and assures accuracy and timeliness of information.
- Coordinates and manages cost savings reporting and progress tracking between multiple departments
- Builds organized and potentially complex reports and presentations for cost savings tracking and other projects as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 1-3 years of related experience
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Good communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize & manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational skills
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21004253
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron