Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
The Project Coordinator / Administrative Assistant position supports projects and events for senior leaders and corresponding departments. This position is responsible for and will contribute to short- and long-term projects in a fast-paced, team-centered environment. To be successful in the role, the ideal candidate will be highly organized, motivated, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Facilitates project work in partnership with senior leadership and key stakeholders to accomplish business results. Provides regular status updates.
- Manages communication needs within the department such as presentation materials and status reports. Creates high quality graphic and text PowerPoint presentations that organize and summarize data for review and publication.
- Maintains ongoing reports as well as accurate contact and distribution lists to support departments. Creates and maintains spreadsheets and various reports to support decision making process.
- Organizes and participates in stakeholder meetings and events including responsibilities such as, but not limited to, facility arrangements, catering, and accommodation and transportation for participants, etc.
- Builds schedules, inclusive of meetings and travel; maintains critical meeting invitations. Manages changes and mitigates impact on other workstreams.
- Builds partnerships with key stakeholders across departments and business units as well as geographical boundaries. Establishes and maintains a working relationship with external vendors.
- Prioritizes multiple projects under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Handles sensitive information with discretion and high degree of confidentiality.
- Anticipates, prepares/revises, and sends communications on behalf of senior leaders and key stakeholders.
- Works within the designated budget, tracks all related expenditures to ensure they remain consistent to plan.
- Processes all invoices timely and accurately in the company’s expense tracking system.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and organizes all legally binding contracts for all business events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent professional experience
Years of Experience: 2+ years of related experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Manages project time constraints and handles multiple projects at once while maintaining integrity.
- Experience with travel and meeting industry preferred.
- Solid PC skills including expertise with MS Office, Outlook, Teams, Share Point, and share drives. Requires expertise in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of business unit structure, policies, products, etc.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with a high degree of sensitivity for confidentiality.
- Strong negotiation skills, and solid ability to effectively interact and communicate with multiple department levels. Strong ability to build and maintain professional relationships with others.
- Ability to gather, organize and analyze data.
- Strong sense of priority, logic and objectivity and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and possesses strong organizational skills.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2841
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron