Principal Project Engineer
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
to travel 35% to 50% as required to regional manufacturing sites. Corporate offices are in the Minneapolis area (Bloomington specificially)
- Engineering functional expert, leading internal & external engineers to deliver large scale, multi-unit operation capital projects. ($5MM to $50MM+ capital)
- Hands on leadership in design and execution of next generation manufacturing lines, taking it from concept to commercialization. Understands LEAN principles and the critical interface points between the materials, machine, and human.
- Develop overall scope including line performance metrics, packaging & process flow diagrams, optimum layout, utility demands, mass balance calculations, project budgets, and commissioning schedule.
- Select vendor, develop contract deliverables, install and validate performance metrics. Day to day vender interface to meet budget, schedule & design.
- Ensure implementation of solutions that deliver design flexibility and performance.
- Partners with internal/external resources to assess opportunities for innovative designs, performance improvements, technical advantages, speed to market and capital efficiency
- Leads bid preparation and bid solicitation to secure best pricing. Owns capital and expense delivery to budget
- Provides Global Supply Chain (GSC) feasibility perspectives for growth, productivity and infrastructure.
- Coaches and mentors both internal and external Engineers to build technical competence
Education: Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Packaging or Electrical Engineering (ABET accredited program preferred).
Experience: 14+ years
- Must have prior Packaging capital project experience on highly automated packaging systems: forming, sealing, transferring, structural integrity, robotics, automation, flexible, rigid.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing, engineering, quality, and research functions. Demonstrates compliance with USDA, FDA, OSHA, EPA, City and/or State agencies, etc. for both manufacturing processes and building requirements.
- Demonstrates project management leadership, problem-solving, decision making, troubleshooting, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel 35% to 50% as required. (dependent on location).
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002124
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron