Looking for Home Delivery?
Principal Process Engineer
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
Come be part of one of the biggest manufacturing expansion projects underway in the United States! We are building two brand new, highly automated manufacturing facilities unlike any other in our industry. We are seeking a Principal Process Development Engineer who will primarily work on the design and startup of the manufacturing facility in Sioux Falls, SD (820-acre campus). This is true R&D process development work: finding new technologies, validating them, managing strategic vendor partners and getting processes up and running with a cross functional team.
Location: We are flexible! Ideally based in Minneapolis or Sioux Falls, SD but we will consider a remote based employee. Travel will be ~ 30%
This highly critical role is responsible for the identification, development, improvement, and testing of complex, new and breakthrough food processing techniques where you are recognized within Schwan's as a technical expert.
This job may participate in one or more of the following duties:
- Develops and commercializes new and breakthrough process technology and new processing equipment within Schwan's manufacturing and co-packer facilities
- Develops all process documentation, including line visualization, process flow diagram, process specifications, key factor reports, design matrixes and preliminary control plans
- Effectively influences sell and obtain buy-in for new and breakthrough technologies
- Effectively teaches new and breakthrough technologies and processes to associates within P&MS and outside P&MS
- Effectively leads cross functional teams on large or complex projects
- Interfaces with manufacturing and operations engineering departments to identify, educate and implement major cost savings projects or product improvements involving new processes, processing technology, and equipment
- Works with other R&D groups, Manufacturing, and Engineering to develop process and equipment specifications for existing and new equipment or production lines including any improvement and/or changes
- Works with applied research or product development and manufacturing staff to develop process or equipment to reach attainment goals of new or existing production line
- Develops, presents, and communicates preliminary capital proposals of new processing technology, equipment, or cost reduction opportunities including determination of ROI and other benefits, process or equipment specifications, and estimated capital investment and production capacity and attainment
- Lead and mentor more junior Process Engineers
Education: Bachelor's Science in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical or Food) combined with 8+ years of related experience. Master's of Science in Engineering preferred.
- Experience in consumer packaged goods (CPG) a plus!
- Working knowledge of R& D product development flow from conception to product launch.
- Strong in statistical analysis and Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Incorporates a high level of technical knowledge & expertise into decisions.
- Ability to develop and execute Commissioning, Qualification and Verification protocols.
- Ability to read and produce tooling conceptual drawing with a CAD program such as Solid Works. 3D printing experience is a plus.
- Ability to develop Process Flow Diagrams.
- Ability to perform mass balance calculations and cycle time study.
- Ability to perform pay- back calculation.
- Ability to write preliminary capital proposals.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21003217
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron