Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Payroll Administrator to support our Payroll group. This role will be located out of our Marshall, MN or Bloomington, MN corporate office location. In this entry level role, you will be responsible for performing duties of a recurring nature in support of any of the following functions: payroll, benefits, accounting, and other related functions.
What we need from you:
- Process respective weekly/bi-weekly payrolls and maintains accurate records of
employee transactions regarding payroll, benefits and accounting plans and programs.
- Provides managers and employees with answers, guidance and training on various pay, benefit and accounting plans, programs, processes of a semi-routine or moderately complex nature.
- Prepares various reports that may include the moderately complex analysis of data.
- Assists in training and providing direction to new or less experienced co-workers.
- Assists in making recommendations for process improvements and workflow issues and implementation as needed. Desire and aptitude to learn new systems and upgrades.
- Interprets policies, procedures, guidelines, legal and regulatory statutes throughout the United States regarding moderately complex inquiries and issues.
- Trouble shoot and problem solve payroll issues internally and with 3rd party vendors.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent. FPC or CPP certification a plus
Years of Related Experience: Typically, has less than 3 years of related experience.
- Basic to intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, etc
- Basic to intermediate understanding/knowledge of payroll processes, policies, procedures, and accounting practices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail critical.
- Proficient with numeric data analysis.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
Non-exempt Business Unit: