Pastry Cook - Edwards Dessert Kitchen
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
If you have a passion for pastry and want to grow your skills by learning new modern techniques in a friendly creative environment than the Pastry Cook position at Edwards Dessert Kitchen is for you! In this position you will produce beautiful desserts under the guidance of the Executive Chef. Learn how to make delicious Plant Based and Gluten Free desserts with the use of alternative ingredients. Creative collaboration is encouraged, and teamwork is essential!
This is an evenings-based role (3:00-10:30pm) Thursday - Sunday.
What we need from you:
- Produce all menu items according to standardized recipes to the quality levels established by the pastry chef.
- Ensure quality and consistency of all outgoing food
- Participate in regular briefings and operational meetings
- Be punctual and work quickly and effectively in high pressure situations or rush period.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required from time to time
- Will report to the Pastry Sous Chef in the absence of the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Provide exceptional customer service in an efficient, friendly and hospitable way.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain sanitation standards set by management. Maintain a safe, clean work area by sweeping, mopping, wiping counters and work surfaces, washing dishes.
- Comply with and enforce restaurant and OSHA sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: High school diploma
Years of Related Experience: 1+ years pastry experience in restaurant or bakery
- Knowledge of how to make various pastries including mousses, creams, cakes, cookies.
- Ability to plate desserts and savories to Executive Chef’s standard.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Knowledge of hygiene, and sanitation, knowledge of OSHA requirements within a kitchen
Job Type: Business Unit: Req #: 23-4447
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron