Pastry Cook - Edwards Dessert Kitchen
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Join our team at Edward's Dessert Kitchen, the ultimate dessert destination in Minneapolis' North Loop, and help to create a fun and unique experience. We are looking for a Pastry Cook to work with our team of award-winning chefs to create delicious desserts in a one of a kind dessert, coffee and cocktail bar and who will provide exceptional customer service. At Edward's Dessert Kitchen, our passion is our food, our secret is our people!
In this position you will produce beautiful desserts under the guidance of the Executive Chef. Learn how to make delicious Plant Based and Gluten Free desserts with the use of alternative ingredients. Creative collaboration is encouraged, and teamwork is essential!
What we need from you:
- Produce all menu items according to standardized recipes to the quality levels established by the pastry chef.
- Ensure quality and consistency of all outgoing food
- Participate in regular briefings and operational meetings
- Be punctual and work quickly and effectively in high pressure situations or rush period.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required from time to time
- Will report to the Pastry Sous Chef in the absence of the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Provide exceptional customer service in an efficient, friendly and hospitable way.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain sanitation standards set by management. Maintain a safe, clean work area by sweeping, mopping, wiping counters and work surfaces, washing dishes.
- Comply with and enforce restaurant and OSHA sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: High school diploma
Years of Related Experience: 1+ years pastry experience in restaurant or bakery
- Knowledge of how to make various pastries including mousses, creams, cakes, cookies.
- Ability to plate desserts and savories to Executive Chef’s standard.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Knowledge of hygiene, and sanitation, knowledge of OSHA requirements within a kitchen
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-1157
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron