Non-Commercial Corporate Account Manager - Foodservice (Remote)
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
Maximize contracted revenue and broadline foodservice distribution via Non-Commercial Contract Management Customer development. Represent and build Schwan’s category leadership reputation for Pizza & Asian in all industry segments for strategic accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage customer as primary representative of all Schwan’s business interests and customer service for assigned Non-Commercial Foodservice Corporate Account. HQ account interaction is daily while in person collaboration is 2-3 times/quarter.
- Represent assigned customer priorities, needs, requests and capabilities at Schwan’s
- Lead contract negotiations for multi-year agreements with assigned customers. Work as member of cross functional contract process team regularly and when in negotiation period
- Lead business development to achieve profitable growth of Schwan’s contracted revenue, category growth targets, innovation launch goals and contract mix management objectives as defined by Schwan’s leadership, annually. Additional department goals are defined quarterly and pursued as a team. Corporate Account Manager Revenue annual responsibility ranges from $25M to $60M+.
- Attend Foodservice industry trade shows where Corporate Account customers host or exhibit
- Enable Broadline foodservice distribution via secure CMC menu placements and member influence/education. Collaborate with Sales Planning/Marketing & field-based customer stakeholders to create communication pieces and field sales execution materials when relevant
- Maximize contract utilization through regular collaboration with Distribution CAMs and Broadline Zone Managers
- Facilitate Zone level business development, including “Team Selling” where applicable. Represent field capabilities in business development conversations with assigned customer and act as liaison in matters of distribution development and program activation. Field work to include coaching and collaboration with Broadline team is encouraged and expected.
- Participate in analysis, KPI measurement, executive briefings, and ROI evaluation of ongoing contract strategies & initiatives in conjunction with leadership and teammates. Incorporation of customer data and analysis into all areas of work is expected.
- Regular collaboration with Marketing, Finance, Pricing and Sales Planning departments. Present to FSLT as needed to convey contract objectives, issues, needs and negotiation principles. Boardroom presence and polish is expected.
- Presentation skills for all customer environments assumed – BOH kitchen, FOH operations, boardroom, workshop, trade show and industry events, customer entertainment.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of Foodservice sales and customer development experience. Culinary training is a plus.
- Managerial courage to represent Schwan’s limits and lead tough conversations when necessary
- Creativity to find solutions and develop win-win proposals with customer. Proven ability to bridge conflicting goals
- Project management: translate 3-5-year vision into a workplan and agenda to bring to life
- Diplomacy to work across all functions. Understand how to navigate conflicting priorities & influence others’
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help company address areas of undeveloped business, explore new customer routes to market, pursue alternate foodservice channels and innovation projects over next 3 years. Comfort with all segments.
Development Opportunities Provides:
- Field Advisory Leadership Team
- Mentoring – as a mentor or mentee
- Exposure to Innovation & Culinary leadership
- Coaching Foundations
- Negotiations Training
Potential Career Moves:
- National Account Manager (Commercial / C-Store)
- Zone Manager
- Director of Sales – Non-Comm/Corporate Accounts
- HQ Roles
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1736
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron