National Account Manager
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
This position is responsible for the sales/servicing of all assigned accounts in accordance with the marketing plan to attain maximum sales and customer profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates direct sales calls on account headquarters and lines of business for assigned accounts.
- Portfolio size ranges from $15m and $75m annually.
- Formulates and negotiates pricing and promotional contracts for assigned accounts.
- Assures contract parity between customers.
- Develops and maintains account plans outlining strategic and tactical developmental efforts within each account.
- Makes frequent calls on customers to build relationships and execute joint business plans.
- Effectively communicates account initiatives and execution plans to the field sales teams and management.
- Supports field sales team with key local customer events and problem resolution when necessary.
- May provide insight and/or lead the analytics, trade and reporting that support the strategic business needs.
- Responsible for the planning and development of promotional programs to drive profitable business results
- Oversees and assist with administrative data entry into internal/external portals.
- Maintains current customer files and pertinent database information on all accounts.
- Compiles all required reports on a timely basis including sales projections, products, sales results, expenses, trade shows, etc.
- Assists management in the research and development of new products /processes suitable for accounts. Supports the organization in areas of product knowledge, promotional knowledge, sales, performance reports, industry information, and marketing plan development and execution.
- Manages, trains and develops subordinates, if applicable.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 7+ years of related experience
- Competent in evaluating and interpreting primary and secondary research results and financial information.
- Competent in understanding food service industry market channels, manufacturing environments, and multiple sales and distribution systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or government regulations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to develop and work within budgets.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002066
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron