Looking for Home Delivery?
Marketing Manager, Foodservice
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. We look to you to execute business priorities, build relationships and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Minh® Eggrolls, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks, and Bibigo Dumplings; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts;. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are searching for a Marketing Manager for our Foodservice division. This position is responsible for developing and delivering marketing strategies, objectives and tactics that align with the overall company and Foodservice vision. You will work to achieve long-term growth and sales/profit goals by proposing solutions and marketing strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Leads Annual Planning process and strategy development for customer and/or channel responsibilities and ensures connection with 5-year business unit strategic plan
- Develops and executes marketing campaigns to achieve stated objectives regarding revenue, profitability, and market share, analyzing marketing programs and adjusting strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
- Plans strategy linked to growth plan for promotional activities that may include print, digital media, event marketing, campaigns, direct mail, customer marketing and selling materials.
- Reviews analysis of marketing insights on current and new product concepts in order to recommend future product development.
- Provides general marketing support to sales team and facilitates necessary training.
- Provides insights on market trends, new business and marketing promotion impact tot business forecast
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout product lines, channel marketing and events.
- Consults with sales and trade on customer trade strategy and growth plans
- Leads and/or collaborates with cross functional resources and agencies in order to execute market programs in areas that may include but are not limited to product development, branding, packaging design, advertising and effective customer/consumer promotions and special events.
- Manage, coach, train and develop Foodservice AMMs and MAs to be high performing team members
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your direct reports (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
Qualifications – External
Education: MBA required
Years of Related Experience: Typically has a minimum 6 years related experience, preferably in Food or Foodservice
- Business-to-business marketing experience
- Foodservice and/or restaurant industry experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills, setting vision and strategy, planning, leading cross-functional teams and balancing multiple priorities and projects
- PC skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook products.
- Detailed knowledge of company and group products, policies and processes along with analytical, leadership and communication skills required.
- Detailed level of understanding of the marketing function, marketing tools and methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing across all levels of the organization
- High learning agility and ability to pass on and train on acquired knowledge
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21004938
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron