Manager, Consumer Insights and Analytics
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Do you want to be part of a cutting-edge food company that’s poised for growth? Are you a creative thinker who’s willing to do things differently? Want to join a dynamic international organization? Do you love pizza? Then we want you on our team!
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
This high-visibility role is part of our Strategy and Insights Team in the Schwan’s Corporate Marketing Organization. You will spearhead consumer research that will impact innovation, renovation and communication for our iconic pizza brands: Red Baron, Tony’s and Freschetta, as well as our foodservice pizza business. In short: you will be our pizza guru.
Consumer insights: You’ll build a deep understanding of consumers in the pizza category – consumers of our brands as well as competitive brands. You’ll share your learnings with business unit and Central Marketing leadership.
Innovation: You’ll work closely with internal and external innovation partners to develop new products. This includes synthesis of existing learning, leading/participating in ideation workshops and pushing next steps forward. This process also involves fielding idea screens and concept tests.
Trends: You will stay on top of emerging pizza trends in grocery stores as well as in restaurants. You’ll spot patterns and share your perspective with key stakeholders across the company.
You’ll need a strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative market research methodologies, an eagerness to learn and adapt, and the ability to work independently.
- Synthesize primary research and trends to support innovation, marketing strategies and selling stories.
- Be a key part of the innovation process (developing hypotheses about consumer needs, developing and validating ideas with internal and external innovation partners, collaborating with Marketing and R&D).
- Seek out new research vendors and methodologies to improve speed and rigor. Manage existing vendors to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Influence and Implementation:
- Partner with Marketing and other cross-functional groups to define projects, then influence to guide implementation of learnings.
- Provide a holistic view of the pizza consumer in strategy, innovation and business development discussions.
- Deliver consumer learnings to business leaders, ensuring sound business recommendations and decision-making.
- Lead brainstorming/ideation sessions. This includes preparing grounding materials, facilitating the discussion, summarizing results and pushing next steps forward.
- Share insights with external customers as needed.
- Be the go-to resource for past internal research and industry trends.
- Manage a research budget.
- Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a Consumer Insights or Shopper Insights role, ideally in a CPG or food company
- Strong knowledge of market research methodologies and processes, market research vendors and consumer insights
- Ability to manage multiple insights projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical, leadership and influence skills
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both in-person and in a virtual environment
- Strategic, flexible, creative thinking with demonstrated results
- Intellectual curiosity
- Proactiveness and bias for action
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- A love for pizza!
- Experience with syndicated data and panel data (Numerator, IRI/Nielsen panel, or similar)
- Experience with marketing/strategy roles is a plus
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22001811
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron