Looking for Home Delivery?
Manager, Business Intelligence
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring for a Manager of Business Intelligence (BI) to be based in Bloomington or Marshall, MN. In this role you are responsible for the design and implementation of data warehousing, reporting, and analytics solutions as specified in the IT project portfolio. Be on the forefront and the driving force behind modernizing our BI capabilities (reporting and cloud). This is a great opportunity to help Schwan’s change its enterprise technology footprint for data warehousing. Lead strategic projects such as our movement to cloud for data warehousing, reporting and analytics. This role is also responsible for managing the strategic direction of existing applications and solutions in this space. If you really enjoy leading and developing a team, but still love to stay close to the technology and solutions, this may be a good fit for you!
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architecture team and other IT leaders to establish long-term plans and road maps for the data warehousing capability.
- Works with other company leaders to build data analytics and reporting capabilities. This includes the implementation of data and analytics technology and processes, as well as the establishment of analytics functions throughout the company
- Guides the development of solutions with a focus on quality, budget and schedule, as well as application performance and long-term maintainability.
- In coordination with the Program Management Office, supplies personnel to staff projects, including the procurement of contract resources as appropriate.
- Leads the continuous improvement effort within the assigned application areas. Recommends and oversees projects to improve and maintain systems.
- Evaluates and recommends solutions for complex business and system opportunities. Understands business processes and objectives to facilitate re-engineering options.
- Leads the selection and implementation of tools, techniques and best practice adoption for data, reporting, and analytics to drive continuous improvements in quality and efficiency.
- Stays abreast of industry solutions, technology options and best practices, evaluates for relevance within Schwan’s and recommends appropriate changes in support of the business and IT strategy.
- Mentors, coaches and trains staff. Responsible for the skills and knowledge of the technical staff in assigned areas.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Science in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or Engineering
Years of Related Experience: 7 - 10
- Demonstrated ability to lead IT teams
- Data warehousing, reporting, and advanced analytics experience
- Knowledge of on-premises and cloud data warehousing solutions
- Data extraction and processing skills
- Experience in data warehousing, reporting and advanced analytics utilizing cloud infrastructure and processes (data lake, cloud platforms, data analysis/modeling)
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to build persuasive presentations based on data
- Experience with project estimation and budgeting
- Agile methodology
- Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint Online, Power Automate, Microsoft Flow
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21004906
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron