Lead Corporate Recruiter
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Lead Corporate Recruiter into our Talent Acquisition team in Bloomington, MN, whose professional mission is to help people find a career and company they love. If you consider yourself a talent advisor first, who is also a whiz at sourcing top talent; this role might be for you! As the Lead Corporate Recruiter, you are sourcing, qualifying and attracting quality employees for the company as well as leading your peers in process-improvement and recruiting best practices. You will work on a variety of critical positions ranging from executive leadership to individual contributors. You will lead hiring strategy development for three of Schwan’s business units in functional areas like marketing, sales, finance, human resources and others, and will be walking into an environment where there are outstanding relationships between the Talent Acquisition team and the business. Come join the team!
- Develop and execute progressive, integrated recruitment solutions for all level positions, specifically experienced professional/technical and executive level. Utilize direct sourcing, industry networking, employee referrals, internet sourcing, minority and trade job fairs and college programs.
- Lead and develop best practice and continuous improvement activities to drive the strategies of the talent acquisition function.
- Consult and partner with hiring managers on interviewing techniques and employment practices.
- Act as a liaison with employment agencies in partnership with the hiring manager and business unit HR.
- Work with internal and external constituents to build Schwan’s employment brands and make Schwan’s the “employer of choice”.
- Interview and qualify prospective quality candidates, evaluate candidate's backgrounds, make hiring recommendations, and extend offers of employment.
- Assemble documentation involving employment packages and ensure the maintenance of accurate and concise records.
- Partner with members of the Corporate Human Resource unit, business unit executives, and external search firms throughout complex recruiting processes.
- Prepare reports, documenting recruitment activity and effectiveness.
- Serve as a project lead to more junior recruiters by providing work direction and supervision.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Years of Experience: 8+ years recruiting related experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective using existing solutions.
- An extensive external network and tenacious sourcing skills
- Advanced computer skills including ATS experience; ADP Recruiting Management preferred
- CURIOSITY! The intrinsic drive to always be asking questions on how to make the recruiting processes better
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the division, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-2847
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron