Lead Business Intelligence Specialist
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
The Lead Business Intelligence Specialist is responsible for performing system administration, development and security activities, verifying data integrity across systems, and developing planning, reporting and analysis solutions. In addition, leads both department and cross- functional projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs system administration, development and security activities, and assures data integrity across systems
- Partners with IT team for troubleshooting issues, testing system upgrades and system enhancements including writing and completing test plans and documentation
- Develops and executes planning, reporting and analysis solutions in support of business processes
- Participates in recall tests and planning
- Leads or participates in projects to support and/or improve business processes, planning processes, reporting and analysis capabilities
- Gathers business requirements and perform business analysis enabling solution recommendations and prototyping
- Serves as system and reporting expert for business partners by providing user support and best practices for developed solutions
- Acts as a mentor to lower level specialists providing guidance and direction; reviews and approves more complex decisions
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years related work experience with Consumer-Packaged Goods industry and SAP preferred
- Computer skills including MS Office, SAP Business Planning & Consolidations, BW, and/or SAP Business Objects skills and experience preferred
- Strong analytical abilities as well as experience in large scale information, data and/or reporting projects
- Database understanding skills and demonstrated project management skills
- Strong organizational abilities, proven attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Strong business knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Ability to communicate to multiple levels internally and externally
- Ability to quickly shift focus based on priorities
- Demonstrated ability to provide assistance with mentoring and/or evaluation of lower level staff
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22003044
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron