Lead Bartender - Edwards Dessert Kitchen
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now
Edwards Dessert Kitchen is hiring! We are looking for a friendly and energetic Lead Bartender for Minneapolis’s premier dessert destination in the North Loop. This positive, upscale work environment is offering a full-time bartending position with leadership opportunities. Position compensation is $19/hr (plus own tips!) and depends on prior experience. Full-time comprehensive benefits package included as well as a 401(k) with company match.
In this role, the Lead Bartender will hold the responsibilities of preparing and serving the highest quality cocktails and specialty drinks while providing the highest level of service during customer interactions. This position will train other staff in the preparation and service of the beverage program. The Lead Bartender will also be responsible for interacting with other restaurant staff in a professional and positive way to insure the highest level of food quality and service.
General availability is needed Wednesday - Sunday.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service in an efficient, friendly and hospitable way.
- Provide timely, accurate and friendly service while serving the highest quality cocktails, made-to-order specialty drinks, food and desserts for guests.
- Develop / create new drinks for the beverage program. Accurately cost and document recipes in standardized format.
- Prepare all beverages to standardized recipes.
- Train bartenders and counter staff in proper beverage preparation and service
- Assist in conducting beverage inventory, ordering of all beverages and conduct beverage quality control practice.
- Assist the General Manager in leading the barista, counter staff and serving staff.
- Transmit accurate orders to the kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and process payments for food and beverage.
- Following proper cash handling procedures and ensuring the security of the registers.
- Assist the counter staff as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain sanitation standards set by management. Maintain a safe, clean work area by sweeping, mopping, wiping counters and work surfaces, clear dishes, washing dishes, cleaning restrooms and cleaning tables for patrons.
- Comply with and enforce restaurant and OSHA sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Interact with and build relationships with customers.
- Be punctual and work quickly and effectively in high pressure situations or rush period.
- Able to work early or late hours, holidays and weekends.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
- Education: High School or equivalent
- Years of Related Experience: 2+ Years of experience with a certification from an accredited bartending or mixology program preferred
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to operate POS equipment, knowledge of various types of wines and spirits, understanding of mixology, ability to stand for up to 12 hours, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, knowledge of beverage preparation, hygiene, and sanitation, knowledge of OSHA requirements within a kitchen, ability to add and subtract
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Opportunity Employers including disability and status as protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 24-1569
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron