Looking for Home Delivery?
Human Resources Total Rewards Intern - Summer 2022
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
HUMAN RESOURCES TOTAL REWARDS INTERN – SUMMER 2022
LOCATION: BLOOMINGTON, MN
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program within the Bloomington corporate headquarters office (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in benefit strategy & planning process.
- Open Enrollment project development & implementation.
- Create job matches and benchmarking for salary reviews.
- Participate in external surveys.
- Gain exposure to and complete various special projects across business units.
- Maintain confidential employee data and communicate across business units.
What the expectations are of you:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions/ locations.
- Proven leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to all levels of management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results.
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Must be a confident self-starter who is comfortable driving decisions from areas of ambiguity.
- Candidates should currently be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Organization Development, Management or related program with an anticipated graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21006336
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron