Human Resources Talent Management Intern - Summer 2024
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
HR TALENT MANAGEMENT INTERN - SUMMER 2024
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program (May 20 – August 9, 2024)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Frequent interactions with upper-level management, executives, and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in conducting needs assessments and intake meetings to uncover learning & development needs
- Assist in design and development of talent and learning solutions
- Build strong relationships with talent management colleagues and business partners
- Perform maintenance and development of learning and development programs including frontline employee and management job skills training and onboarding programs
- Benchmark external learning and talent program solutions to meet business needs
- Support the talent acquisition team’s recruiting efforts through sourcing, screening, and social media branding
What the expectations are of you:
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, and project management skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions/locations
- Proven leadership, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to all levels of management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Must be a confident self-starter who is comfortable driving decisions from areas of ambiguity
- Candidates should be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s Human Resources, Business, Communications, Organizational Development, Management, or related program graduating December 2024 or May 2025.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Part-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-5183
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron