Looking for Home Delivery?
Foodservice Business Intern - Summer 2022
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
FOODSERVICE BUSINESS INTERN - SUMMER 2022
LOCATION: BLOOMINGTON, MN
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s™, Big Daddy’s™, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Bibigo®, Pagoda®, and Minh® Asian-style foods. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- Opportunities for exposure and project work in at least 2 of the following areas: Marketing, Sales Planning, Sales
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Develop Schwan’s and basic Foodservice Industry experience, including: organization, time management, project management, sales planning and some call execution, marketing knowledge, business insights and analytics, product and industry knowledge, presentation skills, and gaining knowledge to work effectively with operators and distributors.
- Build relationships within our Sales, Sales Planning and Marketing functions and gain broad exposure to all aspects of the business.
- Work on 2+ summer projects within Sales, Sales Planning and/or Marketing to help accelerate sales momentum and/or the selling process; present results to senior leadership.
- Build cross-functional internal relationships and customer relationships.
What the expectations are of you:
- Must be a confident, driven, self-starter with a proactive approach to work.
- Excellent communications skills – verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Ability to build rapport quickly and build honest relationships with high integrity.
- Ability to effectively present information in group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to meet important deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Comfortable with numbers and financial analytics – margins, pricing, etc.
- Must be comfortable navigating through and managing ambiguity.
- Some travel may be required.
- Candidates should be currently enrolled in a bachelor’s Business Management, Sales, Marketing, Communications, or business-related program graduating December 2022 or May 2023.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21005368
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron