Federal Tax Manager
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are looking to hire a Federal Tax Manager to be based in our Bloomington, MN office supporting our Income Tax team. This position is responsible for managing all activities regarding the federal area of the tax function including all tax research, strategic planning, audits, and compliance required of the company. The incumbent will work to adapt to departmental plans to address any operational challenges, and act as an advisor on various tax-related tasks, projects, and operations.
What we need from you:
- Assures that tax research has been properly conducted and documented to support the conclusion and position taken by the company.
- Manages the company's filing of tax returns in all federal jurisdictions.
- Manages and represents the company in federal income tax audits.
- Responsible for the recommendation and documentation and initial sign off of appropriate accounting accruals and reconciliation of federal income tax accounts.
- Communicates with management related to tax law changes and the related implications to the company. Responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans for the company in relation to the area of expertise.
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of the tax computer systems and their integration with SAP the financial and reporting systems that substantiate the filing positions taken and provide adequate support for audits by jurisdictions.
- Manages, trains and develops subordinates, if applicable.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct.
Education: Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field of study. CPA or Masters in Taxation required.
Years of Related Experience: 8+ years
- Strong knowledge of industry practices as they relate to Federal tax laws as well as financial reporting requirements
- Strong understanding of the company's systems and how law or audit changes impact the current system
- Ability to acquire working knowledge of tax laws and how they apply for both financial
- reporting purposes and external filing requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, SAP, Specialized Tax Software, etc.
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills; Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22003560
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron