Distribution Corporate Account Manager (Remote)
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® and Bibigo Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute, and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
This position is responsible for building cooperative plans and shaping the execution with the multitude of Corporate Distributor customers that deliver our product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for business development at the assigned Distributor Buying Groups / Corporate Distribution Headquarters to achieve the annual revenue targets by category and in total as assigned.
- Manages total trade expenses as budgeted in the annual business plan. Collaborates with customer and internal resources to develop strategic plans that effectively represent the customer and Schwan's interests. Plans should incorporate customer prioritization and product focus.
- Travels weekly as needed to the field to strengthen and build relationships at the individual distributor locations.
- Collaborates with CMC Corporate Accounts Team to bolster contract activity and compliance at the Distributor Corporate Headquarters along with fostering relationships with distributor program accounts teams.
- Conducts category reviews and collaborate on ways to grow each distributor's volume to achieve the assigned annual sales targets.
- Develop and execute strategic sales initiatives using insights generated from G2 sales data as well as reports those plans and customer activity in Sales Force on a weekly basis.
- Demonstrates mastery skills in the area of Consultative selling, Coaching, and Negotiations.
- Provides competitive information and market intelligence for all markets served.
- Responsible for executing against special projects/campaigns as assigned by sales leadership for key product or category initiatives targeted corporate distribution customers.
- Develops strong working relationships with distributors, company and industry peers while effectively managing against annual sales target.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 8+ years industry related experience
- Demonstrate strong teamwork and collaborative approaches daily
- Superior leadership and proactively assesses environment and opportunities
- Intermediate proficiency in the operation of a personal computer in a Windows environment to include the Microsoft Outlook and Sales Force
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to become and remain organized
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining the ability to re-direct efforts based upon shifting demands
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Expert in market knowledge, account penetration and development
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin, or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1842
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron