Director of Engineering, PMP
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Bibigo®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizzas; Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
What we are looking for:
Be part of one of the biggest manufacturing expansion projects underway in the United States! Schwan’s engineering team is seeking a Director of Engineering, PMP who will be based in Minneapolis, MN (corporate offices in Bloomington). This is a once in a career opportunity to lead a greenfield project of this magnitude and impact: We are building highly automated manufacturing facilities unlike any other in our industry.
In this role you will be an active project manager, overseeing the development and delivery of large scale, highly complex execution plan. This role serves as the project interface with Global Supply Chain leadership. Collaborating with A&E Partner, equipment vendors, and Operations management team to deliver exceptional performance metrics.
*We will offer a relocation package if needed! 25% - 50% travel required for this job
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to be the project lead building the 4th largest Food plant in the US. Showcase your leadership and business collaboration skills to make a huge contribution to the fastest growing frozen food manufacturing company in the US.
- Opportunities for career growth both in the US and globally, as Schwan’s continues to expand and strives to be the No.1 Ethnic Meal Player in the US
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Develops project budget, scope, schedule, LEAN metrics, labor maps, and value engineering options. Presents Capital Request for Executive approval
- Project scale and complexity requires highly refined cost management skill. You have known best practices for formulating, implementing, and auditing PO’s, invoices, and cost forecast to minimize budget risk. Leads formal review process of cost metrics, presenting to executive steering team.
- Top candidate is an exceptional leader of staff engineers, both internal and external. Sets direction and manages formal project reviews over the construction life cycle
- Manages project coordination, prioritization and adherence to construction means and methods. Assures execution of engineering and sanitary design standards. Leverages skill and influence to deliver best value solutions and fit for purpose application
- Coordinates with Technology Development team, Health & Safety, Quality, and Operations to assure full cross functional partner’s alignment
- Advises VP Engineering on allocation of resources across initiatives to best support Early Management & Vertical Startup practices
- May manage & develop direct staff of project engineers, effectively directs priority setting and performance management
- Works with Global Supply Chain leadership to develop the annual capital budget and cashflow plan
What we need from you:
Education: Bachelor of Science or Master’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Process preferred). Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required or capable of completing within first 6 months.
Years of Related Experience: 20+ years’ experience within Manufacturing environment. Prior experience as lead project manager on projects scaled beyond $100M. Previous experience with Food and Beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods companies required. Previous experience managing operations and technical teams preferred.
- Expert level project management skills; PMP or equivalent is required
- Strong problem-solving and technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide both tactical and strategic leadership
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to build relationships and interact with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Strong people management skills with the ability to train and develop others
- Must be willing and able to travel to other manufacturing sites within North America, vendor facilities, construction sites, etc.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, veteran status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22002264
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron