Looking for Home Delivery?
Director, Control Tower Logistics
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Schwan’s Company is hiring a Director, Control Tower Logistics to join our Logistics and Global Supply Chain organization. This position will lead specific initiatives in logistics to meet our growth plan, cost, service and quality for the entire network (17 manufacturing plants and 50+ warehouses). With a core focus on managing costs and resources, the director will work across businesses to improve processes. This position will also establish and lead core governance (KPIs, scorecards, decision making) to ensure the logistics organization is operating at a high level.
- Lead and collaborate across business unit on logistics opportunities to improve performance, inventory level and reduce cost
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize logistics network for existing and new businesses
- Ensure identification, monitoring and reporting of assumptions, risks and opportunities relating to the medium- and long-term business targets
- Liaison across functions to bring visibility to current operations and roadblocks to help influence decision making.
- Define and managed accountability on defined KPIs to achieve logistics business goals
- Lead and define logistics data tools and scorecards to enable strategic business insights which requires collaboration with IT to develop data mining to support logistics operations and decision making
- Utilize multi-channel logistics data and KPIs to formulate insights and forecasts in developing new opportunities and improvements which will require continuous stakeholders’ mindset change and executing differently
- Provide coaching, mentoring and problem-solving support to projects and follow up with stakeholders to ensure improvement actions are implemented
- Partner with key stakeholders such as sales, research and development, manufacturing, supply chain and demand and supply planning leaders to identify/implement opportunities for business process improvements
- Review and evolve the control tower process to ensure it continues to be up to date with relevant best practices suitable for business needs
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferred in Supply Chain, Finance or Business Administration
- 10+ years’ experience in logistics and distribution leadership and operations
- Experience leading cross-function teams to improve logistics operations with strong understanding on data and providing insights to improve operations and manage cost
- Strong project management and prioritization skills in leading multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong communications skills and logistics knowledge to facilitate cross stakeholders’ discussions
- High team building and conflict resolution capabilities
- Excellent organizational and people skills with an ability to openly convey information to team members in a timely, concise manner
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Effective in a passion-driven, fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Demonstrate agility to pivot and change as demands and requirements shift
- Demonstrate courage to have “bold, can do” presence to inspire and influence change
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21001988
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron