Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s™, Villa Prima® and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; Bibigo® and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are hiring a Corporate Attorney for our legal team in Bloomington, MN. In this generalist role, you will provide advice and counsel to the company’s business units and functions in the field of general corporate law, as well as assist with other applicable areas of law. This position will serve as an integral member of the Legal team to help identify and manage legal risks and provide training and counsel for risk avoidance to the company.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to grow your legal and business skills with great mentorship and support from seasoned legal professionals
- An environment that is flexible, with reasonable hours and a high amount of autonomy
- Diverse work supporting a company that has an employee base made of manufacturing, distribution and corporate team members
- Competitive wages, flexible time off program, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements across the entire enterprise, including purchase/supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, sales agreements, advertising agreements, transportation agreements, storage agreements, and real estate purchase/sales agreements.
- Review and analyze FDA, USDA and other state and federal agency rules and regulations as they apply to the company’s business operations and provide well balanced advice to business partners.
- Review packaging and other advertising claims and advise business units on risks.
- Review social media postings before publishing in a time-sensitive manner.
- Assist with M&A transactions and related due diligence as needed.
- Assist with defense against claims and litigation as needed.
- Assist in counseling business partners on other general legal matters and other areas of law, including immigration and labor and employment as needed.
What we need from you:
Education: Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school with excellent academic record
License: Admitted to practice law in Minnesota or ability to be admitted to the Minnesota State Bar within 6 months
Years of Experience: 2-5 years of substantive experience in a reputable law firm, in-house law department or both in handling commercial matters
- Excellent negotiation, leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to spot legal issues and offer legally-compliant, practical and business-oriented legal and business solutions.
- Excellent time management skills including prioritizing, tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Ability to efficiently and effectively partner with business unit clients and legal team members
- Good knowledge of federal and state regulations and FDA/USDA regulations; experience with manufacturing and/or food company a plus
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 23-1667
SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS
Join our Talent Network and get Schwan's news and job alerts delivered to your inbox.
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron