Continuous Improvement Manager
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Continuous Improvement Manager for our Global Supply Chain team to be based in Bloomington, MN with ~50% travel. In this role you will be responsible for leading the identification, development, evaluation, and improvements of manufacturing processes across our network of 13+ facilities. You will be leading at least one Continuous Improvement Engineer, together creating new opportunities for increased performance, and applying improvement methodologies from idea to implementation. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Continuous Improvement.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunity to work in a growing segment of a major food manufacturer and showcase your leadership and technical skills to make a big impact on the profitable growth of Schwan’s Company.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits.
- Identifies and prioritizes the top improvement opportunities and provides the appropriate data to ensure leadership consensus and buy-in.
- Updates key communications and provides summaries to business leadership.
- Oversee the use and rigor of standard improvement methodologies (i.e. Lean Six Sigma, TPM, problem solving, etc.).
- Participates as a member of the site and functional leadership team, is the SME for CI and lean thinking.
- Identifies and implements major improvement projects involving new processes and/or technologies.
- Works with each business unit and R&D to define operational targets including processing parameters and performance criteria.
- Utilizes data, knowledge and experience to help set standards and insure BOMs and routings are accurate.
- Applies statistical analysis to products and processes to assure meeting customer requirements while optimizing operations.
- Mentor coach and train employees on how to make improvements using data and data analysis (statistical methods) and other improvement methods
- Empowers employees to propose and justify maintenance improvements, R&D improvements, etc. by determining financial saving and project prioritization based on time, labor, and financial investment.
- Leads or sponsors cross-functional teams on major improvement opportunities.
- Participates in the planning process associated with GSC performance, provides subject matter expertise in support of improvement planning.
- Leads, sponsors, or participates in improvement initiatives to eliminate waste and non-value-add work utilizing standard practices such as Lean Six Sigma and problem solving.
- Provides leadership to CI Managers, Practitioners, and others; develops people and provides growth opportunities.
- Owns developing, implementing, and improving overall improvement programs at the site and business level.
- Utilizes change management strategies for implementing improvements.
- Demonstrates project management proficiency by defining project requirements and milestones, tracking progress, resolving problems, communicating progress, and recommending / executing actions.
What we need from you:
- The desire to make a meaningful difference. Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently. We need someone who competes to win!
- Authentic leader: direct communicator, able to build strong relationships across the company, with all levels.
- Must have great collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively work closely with cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in industrial engineering or closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, Lean / Six Sigma certification preferred.
Years of Related Experience: Candidates with a qualifying bachelor’s degree must have at least 5-7 years of process engineering or manufacturing related experience; people management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office MS Project
- Understanding of general industrial process and control systems and basic statistical tools
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and successfully leverage internal and external resources
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments while prioritizing and meeting budget deadlines and achieve objectives
- Ability to lead cross-functional improvement teams through effective communication, facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1228
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron