Commodity Hedging Analyst
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
We are hiring a Commodity Hedging Analyst responsible for improving the identification, quantification, and mitigation of commodity risk within grain, dairy, oil, and protein markets. The role will interpret relevant market data, model the data, develop actionable hedging strategies, and communicate those strategies to the procurement and business leadership teams. Reports to the VP of Procurement.
- Develop, enhance, and execute complex tools, models, and processes to forecast and describe price, supply and demand, relative value and global trends.
- Produce model driven ad hoc analysis based on commodity market developments and “what-if” scenario analysis.
- Utilize and improve machine learning modules to improve commodity price forecasting and optionality decision making.
- Partner with other global analysts and team members to deliver complex analysis that maximizes our competitive advantage globally.
- Advise management on changes to hedging strategies to improve results and/or limit risk.
- Provide timely, accurate, and actionable insights to the trading team and key customers.
- Develop, coordinate and support initiatives related to technology and data for trading data analytics and broader initiatives in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Partner with the business to identify and quantify areas of price risk as commercial terms change.
- Actively trade commodity futures, options and OTC swaps with direction from commodity buyers.
What we need from you:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent ideally in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or economics
Years of Related Experience: Typically has 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Understanding of economics and experience with commodity supply and demand fundamentals
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Understanding of financial modeling, specifically using Python and/or VBA, Matlab, R
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to actively collaborate with global teams to build consensus around trading strategy
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Job Type: Full-time Business Unit: Req #: 22-1019
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron