Looking for Home Delivery?
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company, CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food service channels. Our many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. Schwan’s is a place for people with an appetite for more. To learn about joining a team where you can belong, contribute and thrive, visit www.schwanscompany.com
We are looking for a Claims Adjustor to join our Legal Services team. Under direct or general supervision, this position is responsible for handling auto, general and product liability claims alleged against the company by investigating, verifying, and adjusting claims asserted against Schwan's by third parties. If you are organized, a team player, good listener, have strong attention to details and can handle conflict well, please apply! You do not have to have claims or insurance experience for this role – we can train you!
- Gather, review and investigates facts regarding claims, involving auto, general and product liability, in a timely manner for purposes of determining liability.
- Verifies product liability damages allegedly suffered by third parties through proper investigation
- Develops action plans and dates for completion of action items for the auto, general and product liability claims to assist with timely and cost-effective resolution
- Aggressively pursues recovery from liable third parties
- Negotiates claim resolution on behalf of the Company.
- Uses required working knowledge of jurisdictional requirements in conjunction with the facts and circumstances pertinent to the claim to implement effective strategies for early and cost-effective resolution
- Effectively negotiates resolution of auto, general and product liability claims
- Prepares correspondence and settlement agreements, where appropriate, related to the handling of the product liability claims and/or resolution thereof including auto and general liability.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
Years of Experience: 0-3 years related experience
Strong organizational and time management skills; demonstrated ability to work independently; Competent computer and typing skills in using Microsoft Office products, including Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; basic analytical and problem solving skills; basic interpersonal and communication skills; basic negotiation skills; ability to embrace a dynamic environment; demonstrated desire for personal and professional growth
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21002364
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron