Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
At Schwan’s Company, the opportunities are real, and the sky is the limit; this isn’t just a job, it’s a seat at the table. Around here, every job matters, every voice counts, and every person contributes in a big way. As part of our front lines, we look to you to execute business, build relationships, and take pride in your work because at Schwan’s, you lead the way and we value what you bring. Our passion is our food. Our secret is our people.
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Minh® Eggrolls, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks, and Bibigo Dumplings; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts;. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
Achieve “Trusted Advisor” status as a key customer through measurable category improvement. Expand Schwan’s core brands across geographies and channels.
Schwan's is hiring a Category Manager, to be based in Bloomington, MN that supports top Grocery Retailers across the country. In this customer-facing role, you will function as an expert in the frozen pizza, frozen desserts, and frozen Asian snacks and meals category. As part of the home office insights center of excellence, every day will bring a variety of opportunities for your thought leadership. Your critical thinking skills will grow as you build strategic rationales using your objective Consumer – and Shopper-centric analytics. Your influence will be based on factual insights which will help drive profitable growth for retailers and for Schwan’s.
- Develop customer-facing category presentations complete with actionable recommendations
- Incorporating multiple data sources
- Integrating custom shopper research
- Market and industry trends
- Competitive reviewPromotion Analysis
- Pricing Analysis
- Seasonality review
- Present consumer, shopper and category insights in a comfortable, positive, influential manner
- Influence retailers and internal partners around optimal assortment (rationality, space-to-sales, retailer differentiation strategy, shopper affinity, etc.)
- Provide business situation assessment that is leveraged in joint business plan development with key stakeholders
- Track and deliver weekly/monthly retailer category performance scorecards
- Ensure retailer’s category strategies are appropriately communicated internally (Upstream/downstream)
- Cultivate multiple internal and external relationships across the retailer and within the Schwan’s organization
- Some travel (20%)
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; MBA preferred
Years of Related Experience: 5+ years related experience encompassing both category management and shopper insights functional roles (CPG Preferred).
- High level of experience in generating, interpreting and analyzing syndicated data: (Nielsen/IRI, retailer and shopper data) and secondary data to build actionable insights and recommendations
- Experience with retailer POS data necessary; shopper/loyalty card data desired
- Experienced with volume decomposition methodology
- Excellent with Excel and PowerPoint
- Space planning and planogram software (either JDA or Apollo)
- Strong presentation skills to retail buyers
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Exempt Business Unit: Req #: 22003509
Get to know our growing global brands
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron