Looking for Home Delivery?
Category Analyst Intern - Summer 2022
Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MinnesotaApply Now Quick Apply
CATEGORY ANALYST INTERN - SUMMER 2022
LOCATION: BLOOMINGTON, MN
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s™, Big Daddy’s™, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Bibigo®, Pagoda®, and Minh® Asian-style foods. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Mine customer, shopper, consumer, E-commerce and internal data that will be used to improve overall category performance and results
- Analyze category landscape to develop actionable insights that drive category growth
- Present consumer, shopper and category insights in a comfortable, positive, influential manner
- Development, tracking and delivery of weekly/monthly retailer category performance scorecard
- Analyze Key Customer Modular/Digital Shelf and provide recommendations to enhance efficiency/effectiveness
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Shopper Insights and other cross functional teams to develop category focused solutions
- Prepare clear and concise business reviews that deliver executable insights
- Compile and analyzes market level data to identify opportunities to drive profitable business
- Develop and maintain syndicated data reports and tools based on standard category management measures
- Complete/attend all necessary information & technology training
What the expectations are of you:
- Strong customer facing, interpersonal skills
- Critical thinker who can use solid business acumen to proactively advise client and develop strategy
- Self-starter – Motivated and driven with a passion for taking the business to the next level. Demonstrate high level of independence and self-motivation. Take initiative and show resourcefulness while working in an independent, yet flexible team environment
- Communication Skills – Demonstrate ability to present detailed information to multiple audiences with different knowledge levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner
- Attention to detail and technical learning capacity
- Technical ability in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Candidates should be currently earning a bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, information systems, or related programs, with an anticipated graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.null
Job Type: Non-exempt Business Unit: Req #: 21005358
- Big Daddy's
- Mrs. Smith's
- Red Baron